As I have found a bit more time in my schedule, it has been on my heart to do more for other people. Jesus commanded us before He ascended to Heaven to love one another, and it is a very serious command. If we all just loved one another the way that Christ loves us, the world would be a much better place, wouldn’t it?
One way that today’s Christians can demonstrate Christ’s love for us is through small acts of giving. Showing kindness towards a person (whether you know them or not, whether they are a believer or not, whether you feel they deserve it or not) is not only good for the person on the receiving end, but the giver as well. Plus, Jesus told us that we should love everyone, so we should.
Challenge #15 – This week, and every week, perform one random act of kindness.
Don’t know what to do as a random act of kindness? Here are some ideas:
1. Bake some cookies and take them to your neighbors.
2. Pay for a cup of coffee for someone in McDonalds.
3. When you check out at the grocery story, buy a $5 gift card. Hand it to someone in the parking lot.
4. Offer to babysit for a young mother.
5. Get up early and make a cup of coffee for your husband or wife. Take it to them in bed.
6. Make dinner for someone in your community who is sick.
7. Hold a door open for someone.
8. Tell someone they look nice today.
9. Send a letter or card to someone.
10. Visit a nursing home.
You see, random acts of kindness can take some time, or no time. They can cost as much money as you want to spend, or no money at all. The great thing, though, is that so many people benefit from them.
If you need some more ideas, check out this page. She has some really great suggestions!