Today’s writing prompt from The Daily Post was to write something incorporating the number 26. I started out this morning with the intention of recording 26 funny things that happened in my house throughout the day. However, it is the end of the day, and I could only come up with 5.
Sorry, but I am sick, and I was just trying to survive the day.
Some funny things did happen, though.
At least, I found them funny, but I am taking heavy doses of Mucinex, which tends to make things funnier to me…
1. Charlie runs into the bedroom with Maddie’s magic wand, points it at the TV and says, “There will be no more grown-up cartoons on this TV!”
2. Jason, who has been into coin collecting lately, says to me, “Honey, did you know that coins made after 1965 are worth much less than coins made before 1965?”
“Yes, of course I know that. You didn’t?” I respond sarcastically.
“Quit being phaeanicious,” he says. (I am still not sure if he was telling me to stop being like a Phaeacian or if he meant facetious.)
3. Charlie, upon finding an empty popsicle wrapper on his dad’s nightstand: “What happened here?”
4. Maddie has been replacing random words in songs off of her Sunday School Songs DVD with the word “Poopy.” Go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and poopy, poopy! I have to do something about that…soon, I think.
5. Baby Kitty, who I didn’t know was in the house, suddenly appeared in the kitchen, covered in dust and dust balls. I need to figure out where he was hiding, because obviously that place needs to be cleaned.
So I didn’t reach my goal of 26, but I think my five are pretty good. Have a good night, everyone!
There is nothing funnier than poop. Emma says “stinky farts” whenever I change her diaper and it cracks me up!
Pingback: Daily Prompt: Your Days are Numbered | The Wandering Poet
I love the Popsicle one and the poopy lyrics!! Too cute. Kids are awesome.
Lindsay, they are hilarious! I just have to laugh at them every day.
Pingback: Daily Prompt: Your Days Are Numbered | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
Pingback: Your Days are Numbered: The sacred & unutterable name of God | Khana's Web
Poopy jokes are pretty hilarious, especially if your little one is the one sharing it with you.
Absolutely! I think if I didn’t find them hilarious I would lose my mind!
The popsicle wrapper cracked me up! Sounds just like something my son would say!
Little boys are too funny!