*Disclaimer: In no way am I implying that there is anything wrong with becoming our parents. God has blessed me with wonderful parents, step-parents, and parents-in-law. Mama, do not call me up asking, “What is wrong with being like me?”*
1. Just yesterday, Jason yelled to the kids, “You need to either go outside or stay inside! If you come back in the house you are putting on your pajamas and going to bed! And close the door behind you!”
2. If anyone calls our house after 9:00 p.m. we scowl and sigh and say, “Who is calling us this late?” However, we will call your tail at 7:00 in the morning without a second thought. We just assume that no one sleeps past 6:30 anymore.
3. We called the police on the people who were setting off fireworks late at night on the beach outside our hotel. I know, I know, that is terrible, but when you are sharing a room with a crying baby who keeps being awakened by the loud bangs, you gotta do what you gotta do.
4. My daughter (and, ok, sometimes my son) wears my heels more than I do.
5. We are considering canceling our satellite TV because the only channels we watch are Fox News and the History Channel, but we aren’t sure about that newfangled Hulu.