Is anyone else obsessed with chevron like me? I just love it. I found some grey chevron scrapbook paper the other day that I just love, and my new yellow chevron pillows are being delivered tomorrow. I can’t wait!
Mama asked me to make a gray chevron wreath to match her new paint colors, so we went to Hobby Lobby today and got the fabric, and I made it tonight after I put the kids to bed. It turned out just beautifully and I thought I would give a quick DIY on it.
Gray Chevron Wreath with Flower Embellishment
Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Straw Wreath Form (I used a 15″ Form)
1 Yard of Gray Chevron Fabric
Silk Flowers of Your Choice
1. Cut the fabric into strips about 6 inches wide. Make your cut in the direction of the arrows in the chevron pattern.
2. Cut those strips into pieces that are 10 inches in length.
3. Take each fabric strip and fold over one edge. Secure it with the hot glue gun.
4. Begin gluing the strips of fabric to the straw wreath form. Secure one edge to the back of the form with the hot glue gun.
5. Pull the fabric tightly around the form and secure the end of the fabric to the straw form using the hot glue gun.
6. Continue adding strips of fabric, overlapping the side of the fabric that is folded over onto the fabric on the form so the frayed edge of the fabric isn’t showing. For a more uniform look, line up the pattern of the chevron on the front of the wreath.
You will need to fold over the fabric a bit to keep it tight around the form.
7. For the last piece of fabric, fold over both sides so the frayed edges are not showing, then secure it to the wreath the same as the other pieces.
8. Use the hot glue gun to add the flowers of your choice.
And all done!
Isn’t it pretty? I can’t wait until Mama sees it. And luckily, I have enough fabric left to make one for myself!
Love this wreath Laresa!!! The chevron trend is huge and hoping it stays around a while! Great tutorial and will give it a whirl 🙂
I LOVE it! Can’t wait to see it on my door! Thank you so much!
It looks GREAT on my door! You better hurry before I decide to keep it!:)
That is cool!! I want one. I don’t want to make it though. I want you to make it. Also I want you to make me a sandwich and some pie. Go ahead and get on that.
I will make a wreath for you, but you have to make me a sandwich and pie.
This is such a great idea….thank you for the inspiration.
I am glad you like it!